Friday, June 24, 2011

Living in a small world

Can you believe it? It just hit me that we're a third of the way through summer. I thought I would have already learned my lesson about leaving my 'Summer Todo List' tucked away in the cabinet. *smacks head* But as I look back, I like to think that it was okay. It was okay lie around and stay up late watching Anime and have simple time to yourself. For the longest time, I felt like classes and work was carrying into a direction I didn't initially choose. But I feel like I have that choice now. And you know what, there's something else I have more of now, and that's confidence, to take bigger steps and reach for waiting dreams and goals. Gotta make the most of life. :)

I wanted to write this post to remember some of the things that have happened this summer:

PlayStation 3
I got a PS3. :) Wayne and I went to Towson mall and picked it up along with two games.

Games we bought ^_^ (we've had Heavy Rain since winter and have been waiting forever to play) (Final Fantasy XIII, Heavy Rain, Atelier Rorona)

The visual art book that came with 'Atelier Rorona'

'Atelier Rorona' is an Anime-based game, and as perfectly mentioned by this review, it's a 5/5 if you match this style of gaming (and you can match many). You play as a clumsy but responsible character named Rorona and you've just been given ownership of the Alchemy Workshop by your lazy and snarky alchemy master Astrid. What's more, the king is trying to shut down that very workshop, and he's given you 12 assignments, completed through synthesis, battling, and item gathering to prove yourself. You also complete quests for the locals to raise your friendship with them and gain the trust of the town (since Astrid's personality rubbed the wrong way :P). Very straightforward and simple game; no complicated story plots. The personalities of the characters are also very developed and dynamic! I cringe at some character designs, whos' remarks are cliché and overly dramatic. This happened a few times will playing Final Fantasy XIII, a beautiful game nonetheless. Anyhow, if you want to take a break from the action squeezers, 'Atelier Rorona' is a great fit. It tends to be under the 'girly' category, but who cares. It's great comic relief, simple, and cute. :)

Wayne and I have only played 'Heavy Rain' for about an hour lol; I really want to spend some more time on it *drags him to the PS3*.

Steiff Silver Building
Okay this isn't really an event, I just took some pictures of the workplace. :D These pictures are from two Fridays ago (June 10th).

If you notice the USB cable, I come back to get it after forgetting it upon biking away like a dummy. Also I'm not sure if that computer in the background works ... hmmm *investigates*

Pretty photograph they had hanging

APERTURE ... okay I stop

Coming back home June 20th - June 22nd
YUMMMY tart! And my Dad made us zongzi. :)




Haha not to be crazy cat lady (seriously), but I love my kitties so much. I think about them frequently and how they're probably doing dumb things like getting stuck in a box or meowing with toys in their mouths. It's pretty ridiculous how smart they can be, too. The minute the cages come out, the white one, Kitty knows that it's time to get into the car, which usually means a trip to the vet; she dashes under the bed. As for the grey one, Kitten, he doesn't notice a thing at first, but soon follows suit and joins Kitty under the bed. Too silly. :P

Japan
My sister earned a scholarship to Japan!! She'll be joining YFU (Youth For Understanding) for 6 weeks and live with a host family off the coast of Japan. She brought my Canon Rebel on the trip to capture her adventure there. :) Here we are before her departure:
Yeah we were being weird at the airport as always lol

Cooking + Camera
My parents bought me a replacement Nikon camera for the time being while my sister's in Japan with the DSLR. ^^ I feel very lucky! I've been using it mostly to take picture of food I cooked. xD By the way, I cooked steak twice the past two weeks (and I still have one more in the freezer)! The first time it was medium well-done, and then next time was actually worse cause I kept flipping it lol! That prevented the insides from getting cooked and let the outside become a bit dry. Why am I talking about steak.

Test picture - current state of the apartment lol, everything's jammed into the corner since we're getting the walls painted

*cough**cough*dry*cough* dumplings :D

Rice pudding!

1 comment:

  1. flipping steaks over and over is actually better; you can read more about it here:

    http://aht.seriouseats.com/archives/2010/02/the-burger-lab-how-many-times-should-you-flip-a-burger-while-cooking.html

    ReplyDelete